Looking for the perfect holiday appetizer to WOW your guests? Try this Appetizer Tree at your next holiday party and they will love it! It’s easy to do and has great height while taking up very little table space.
- Foam Cone (height at your discretion, the bigger cone = more appetizers)
- Plastic Wrap
- Platter or Cake Stand
- Red Grapes
- Fresh Rosemary
- Pitted Black Olives
- Pitted Green Olives (I used green olives stuffed with bleu cheese)
- Cubed Cheese (I used cheddar, but it can be crumbly so use a soft cheese that won’t break when you stick a toothpick)
- Cubed Ham
- Rolled Salami Slices
- Mozzarella Balls
- Artichoke Hearts (cut in half)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Anything else you want to add to your “tree”
Start with a foam cone and wrap it in plastic wrap to make it food safe.
Prepare all your food and have it easily available.
Using the toothpicks, attach the food (except the grapes) to the tree starting at the bottom and moving up.
Make sure you leave enough of the toothpick on the outside so guest can grab it to pull out of the tree.
Try to cover all the space and fill in any holes (I find starting with the larger pieces then filling in with the smaller pieces works best.
Use the rosemary to fill in empty spaces and to give it more of a “tree” look.
Move to a cake stand or platter and add the rosemary and grapes around the bottom of the tree as garnish.
Display proudly! Don’t forget to provide a bowl for the used toothpicks.
Ta Da! All done!